Over at Great Books and Fresh Coffee, Smash has tagged me for a meme.
Which is a good thing, since memes are about all I'm up to publishing these days.
What does your music say about you?
- Put your iPod, Windows Media Player, or whatever music player on shuffle.
- For each question, press the ‘next’ button to get your answer.
- You must write that song name down no matter how silly it sounds.
- Title this post the same as the answer to the final question.
1. IF SOMEONE ASKS, “IS THIS OKAY?” YOU ANSWER:
"The Breakup Song" by Greg Kihn. Okay, this one makes no sense whatsoever. Unless we're talking subliminal meanings here.
2. HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF?
"Ain't No Reason" by Brett Dennen. No there really isn't, is there?
3. WHAT DO LIKE IN A GIRL/GUY?
"Five O'Clock World" The Vogues. It's true, I do like someone who recognizes when 5 o'clock rolls around. The ability to tell time is an admirable trait.
4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
"I Fall to Pieces" by Patsy Cline. Well that pretty much sums it up, doesn't it?
5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE?
"Trouble is a Friend" by Lenka. Truer words were never spoken.
6. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
"Dust in the Wind" by Kansas. That simply can't be a good thing.
7. WHAT DO YOU OFTEN THINK ABOUT?
"1973" by James Blunt. Ah yes, my terrible twos were a wonderful year. I recall it fondly.
8. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
"Suspicious Minds" by Elvis. Apropos, no? Heads up, Mr. Reader's Respite, I'm on to you.
9. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
"The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" by Gordon Lightfoot. Good grief, I hope not. No one would ever board my plane again.
10. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
"I Can't Hold Back" by Survivor. Ha. Mr. Reader's Respite begs to differ. Unless we're referring to an argument, in which he agrees wholeheartedly.
11. WHAT SONG DID YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
"Rubber Duckie" by Kelly Hogan. Hmmmmm. Perhaps this is why two kidlets arrived in quick succession. Never mind, I won't go there.
12. WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
"Highwayman" by The Highwaymen. Now this is just plain spooky. As it happens, I did indeed make my brother promise to play this very song at my funeral.
13. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST FEAR?
"El Paso" by Marty Robbins. I cannot deny that El Paso is not my favorite city.
14. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
"My Back Pages" by The Byrds. I do have a racy past.
15. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
"Give a Little Bit" by Supertramp. That's right. Give a Little Bit of your books to me.
16. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO NAME THIS POST?
"Hook" by Blues Traveler.
Do you own an iPod? If you do, consider yourself tagged.