This week, A Reader's Respite has discovered the magic device that we are absolutely certain will turn us into the world's best cook ever:
Meet The Demy. According to Barnes & Noble, The Demy is
the world's first touchscreen, kitchen-safe digital recipe reader, is a tool no serious home cook can afford to be without. With the capacity to store up to 2,500 recipes, a host of convenient features, a small footprint, and the ability to withstand spills and accidents, the Demy instantly gives you all the support you need to turn out one great dish after another, with a minimum of fuss.
- Adjustable font size
- 3 built-in timers
- Shortlist feature for frequently used recipes
- Conversion tool for measurements
- Dictionary of ingredient substitutes for emergencies
- Syncs to complete online recipe collection via USB connection to your PC
- Your own recipes can be typed in or scanned and downloaded via the Web
- Recipes can be kept private or shared with select individuals
And A Reader's Respite is pretty convinced that with a sticker price of $199.95, it also does the dishes, sweeps up the kitchen and cleans your ovens, all with one easy touch of the button.
Weekend Cooking is a weekly even hosted by Beth Fish Reads. Go check it out!