Cutesy, Cozy Mystery Alert!


Okay all of you cozy mystery lovers out there....new series alert! Bundle of Trouble is the first book of the new Maternal Instincts Mysteries by author Diana Orgain and mothers everywhere can rejoice.

New mother Kate Connolly has just given birth to her first child when she inadvertently finds herself embroiled in the mystery of her brother-in-law's disappearance. When the private investigator working the case winds up in the hospital, Kate finds herself solving not only the mystery of her brother-in-law, but possibly the mystery of how to avoid returning to her 9-5 office job at the end of her maternity leave.

Diana Orgain does a crack job of creating a plausible whodunit with a delightful protagonist. No deep, dark undercurrents in this new series and we're fairly certain that's just the way Ms. Orgain intended it. Upbeat and light-hearted (even, some might say, a bit saccharine at times), Kate Connolly's new mommy status brings back fond memories of those first hectic weeks with an infant.

Mother's everywhere who like a cozy mystery now and again will most certainly enjoy this fun, quick read. Ms. Orgain delivers! (Bad, bad pun. Get over it.)

We like.

We especially like getting in on the beginning of a new series!





Do you want in on the first book of a new series? Leave us a comment and on September 1st, A Reader's Respite will draw a random winner to receive Bundle of Trouble!

37 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you enjoyed this, I recently received a review copy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to win this one! I'm a cozy mystery fan and this one sounds like a fun first in series. BFish (dot) Read (at) gmail

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds like a good read!
    throuthehaze at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a hoot! I'm in the middle of a murder mystery right now that is definitely NOT cutesy. I love it, but it is always nice to have a change! Please enter me! rnawrot at cfl dot rr dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the reviews of this one seem to be positive, so I'd love to give it a try. milou2ster(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a cozy. Count me in!

    dlodden at frontiernet dot net

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds very cute. Please enter me!

    nbmars AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love a new series! And I got to meet Diana at BowlHer. A real sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds cute, and like you I love to get in on a new series when it starts. I'd love to win.

    carolsnotebook at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a great new series - I'm putting it on my list.
    crystalfulcher(at)ec.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds great... must check out asap.
    nelaine[dot]sanchez[at]gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do read cozy mysteries from time to time and this new series sounds like fun and with an interesting spin on the whole cozy mysteries genre.

    lillyswistek@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your pun. Don't add me to the drawing - I've got a copy on the towering TBRs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds great! Do you think non-mother's would like it as well..or does it work better for people who have had an infant to take care of?

    ReplyDelete
  15. This book looks great and I would love to win a copy!
    wandanamgreb (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mysteries got me interested in reading, count me in!

    delilah0180(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  17. How funny. Mommy instincts mysteries. I love how clever people are! Thanks for the giveaway.

    s.mickelson at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kris - I think it would be a great mystery for just about anyone who loves the cozy mystery genre, but if you're a mother, there's an added bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would love a chance to read this, love cozy mysteries.
    Thanks
    Debbie
    debdesk9(at)verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't imagine being in good enough mental shape to solve a crime with a new baby ... but this does sound like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm a mystery lover. Count me in! :)

    austenfanblogs at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. http://www.cm-ansiao.pt/default.aspx?module=DestaqueDisplay&ID=324

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sorry for the link!
    Too many Copy/Paste

    Count me in, please!
    carlos_durao AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loved the cover of this book....count me in, please.

    karen k
    kmkuka(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  25. sounds like fun! I like the cover :)
    enter me too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Please count me in.

    Love this post.

    cindyc725 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. This book sounds good. Love to read it. Please enter me. Thanks!

    ayancey(at)dishmail(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  28. I would love to read this! Thanks! jacquecurl1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Enter me please. Sounds like a nice book.

    jen4777[at]hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love cozies!! I hadn't heard of this book before and would love to read it.

    Thanks so much for the entry.

    gaby317nyc AT gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Enter me please.

    kaylacunningham@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Good book it seems!
    :)
    Count me in!

    educhico AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh I hope I get lucky!

    o_rei_de_havana
    @
    hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh, I believe I definetly need to read this one!

    dr.strangelove.vs.citizen.kane AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sounds fun.
    I will try my luck!
    39.5susy{@}gmail{.}com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Intriguing and funny!
    My kind of book!
    goncalo.mil{@}gmail{.}com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Nice!
    :D

    joanapatriciadias AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete

Fire away!