Shame On You!


This post is for those of you who woke up this morning, brewed some coffee, and are just now sitting down at the computer to realize.....IT'S MOTHER'S DAY!

I know, you're busy dialing 1-800-FLOWERS as you read. Hang up the phone. I have the solution.

Go down to your local bookstore and buy the Deanna Raybourn Lady Julia Grey Mystery trilogy:





Silent in the Grave












Silent in the Sanctuary











Silent on the Moor

(Yes, we know the cover sucks on this one. The book is still fabulous.)






Yes, that's right, buy all three of them (suck it up, cheapskate, she's your MOTHER). Trust me, she'll love them.

And if you're smart, you'll ask her if you can borrow them when she's done.

Go. Now.

And tell her A Reader's Respite says, "Happy Mother's Day, Mom!".

10 comments:

  1. These would definitely be excellent choices! Luckily, I had my mom's gift set a while ago. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And happy day to you. I have a card on the way to my mom and will make a phone call. We generally don't do gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, love this post. And my mom only reads true crime and biography so these probably wouldn't go over well for her, but I think a Half-Price Books gift card might be just the thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm actually on my game this year (especially after I forgot to call my mom on her birthday last year). The cards were sent early in the week with a nice gift card inside. The one-two punch for me is that my mom's birthday is on the 24th, so I really have to have my act together. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day, and have some uninterrupted reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day to you. I haven't forgotten that it's Mother's Day, but everyone else around here has. Maybe I need to leave your post up on my monitor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so funny! My husband is the one that always buys the mother's day gifts for both of our moms. I'm really bad about remembering for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, Michele :) I'm giggling :)
    I'm stopping by to wish you a very Happy Mother's Day!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I woke up this morning and didn't realise it was Mother's Day. Thankfully, it's a different day here in England, so phew! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, now you are not picking on Mother Angelica (the nun in the photo) are you 'cause I love her...she is a real pistol!

    ReplyDelete

Fire away!