Books for the Heart



Just because A Reader's Respite has a cold, black heart doesn't mean we don't want to keep it beating.

So when we ran across 1 More Chapter's Books for the Heart project that benefits the American Heart Association, we liked the idea.

So here's the gig: for every book I read between February 1 - 14, I'm going to donate $10. (Participants can choose their own amount, by the page, by the book, etc).

Doesn't seem like much, I know, but if we all do this it might add up to a substantial chunk of change.



So who's in?

I'm like a travel agent for a guilt trip here folks, so you might as well cave, head on over to 1 More Chapter and join us.








7 comments:

  1. Great idea! Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Michele!

    Shana
    Literarily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele, What a wonderful cause to support, and I love the book theme - thanks for sharing it!

    I've left you an award! Stop by when you get a chance and pick it up!

    :) Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. let's try that again...I am away on a little vacation, and typing on my new wee netbook, so I will blame that on the typos.

    what I wanted to say was...

    I have to admire someone with a cold, black heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea and for a good cause.

    I have been out of the loop for a couple of weeks. My sweet Stepdad passed away suddenly in his sleep on Jan. 23. He was only 65. He did have heart trouble but this was not expected at all and my poor Mom is devastated, of course.

    So this is appropriate and timely, I am off to join up myself. Thanks Michele!

    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carey - I suspected something was going on in your life, but was hoping it was something good. I am so sorry for your loss! Hope you're holding up okay....I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea. Just linked to you over on my page.

    ReplyDelete

Fire away!