Here comes the part where I list six values or characteristics that are important to me:
- Laughing at oneself. Duh. If you can't laugh at yourself, don't be laughing at others.
- Rooting for the underdog. Says a lot about a person, in our considered opinion.
- Standing up to bullies. Ditto
- The tendency to read a lot of books. Who says opposites attract?
- Quirky Individuality. Who cares if other people think you're weird? I like that in a person!
- Warmness. A warm personality towards everyone just warms A Reader's Respite's cold, black heart.
And six values or characteristics that I find hard (okay, impossible) to tolerate:
- Butt-kissin'. Drives A Reader's Respite nutso.
- Selfishness. Don't like it when people take, take, take for themselves.
- Malicious Gossipin'. Gossip is one thing. Mean gossip is just petty.
- Snobbery. We our pants on one leg at a time (although sometimes I trip on the pantsleg and fall flat on my face).
- People who don't read. Personal preference, what can I say?
- Meaness. It just isn't attractive.
Most Awesome Tequila-Lovin' Blog Friend: Amy at Passages to the Past. Too late: I've already snagged her for my best friend, so you can't have her. But you try for second-best friend status with her --- trust me, it's well worth the effort!
Best Globe-Trotting Blog: The Tome Traveller. Not only does she travel the globe, but she reads some really great books.
Funnest New Book Blogger That I Read Everyday (yes, I realize 'funnest' is not a real word, but it suits my purpose): Great Books and Fresh Coffee. Go check it out!
Best Classics-Reading Blog: Books N' Border Collies. Lezlie reads the best stuff!
Best Quote in a Header Blog: Wrighty's Reads. I'm not going to tell you what it is. You must head over there and read it yourself.
Friendliest Blogger on the Planet: Veens at Giving Reading a Chance. I *heart* Veens!
And I know I'm only supposed to give six awards, but I want to do seven (just gotta be different....what's Beth gonna do? Take my award away?). So....
Best Holiday-Look at a Book Blog: Should Be Reading. I love, love, love the Holiday feel at Miz B's place!
Nominees: you are to go forth and follow these simple guidelines:
Mention the blog that gave it to you.
Comment on her blog to let her know you have posted the award.
Share 6 values that are important to you.
Share 6 things you do not support.
Share the love with six other wonderful blogging friends.